Lawyer Acknowledgement & Agreement
Last Updated: September 1st, 2020
Limited-Scope Representation Acknowledgement & Agreement
As part of its Services, GovAssist has made provisions to arrange with independent immigration Lawyers, so that they can perform a limited revision of immigration documents before they are delivered to GovAssist’s consumers. These Lawyers are independent freelancer practitioners. They will exercise their independent judgment as Lawyers, without jurisdiction, control or influence by GovAssist.
By consenting to have a Lawyer examine your immigration documents, you and the Lawyer enter into a limited Lawyer-client relationship. The Lawyer concurs with conducting a simple revision of the immigration documents that you have completed using the visaforfamily.com website, or that you provide directly to the Lawyer during your conversation with him/her. For a flat-fee plainly and clearly divulged and disclosed to you prior to making a payment, the Lawyer agrees to furnish the following services:
- Reviewing and examining the forms that you have completed and submitted for errors, omissions and consistency, as well as revising the supporting documents you sent to visaforfamily.com for completeness and consistency with the forms prior to filing with pertinent governmental entity.
- Responding to general and related questions about the forms and supporting files that you have submitted for the Lawyer’s review and examination.
Once the Lawyer collects all or any portion of the flat fee, the monies are the property of the Lawyer and will NOT be placed in a trust account. The fact that you have paid your fee in advance, prior to receiving the consultation; does not alter or interfere with your right to cease the Lawyer-client relationship. If your relationship with the Lawyer is terminated prior to the agreed upon legal services mentioned above have been completed, you may or may not have a right to a refund of a portion of the paid fee. After the fee has been paid and the service has been provided by the Lawyer, you will no longer have a right to a refund of the flat fee. In addition to the flat fee, the Lawyer may also be compensated an additional amount by GovAssist to ensure sufficient Lawyer time and resources will be available to serve GovAssist’ consumers. You are not responsible for, and will not be charged, any such additional amount paid by GovAssist to the Lawyer. GovAssist will not interfere with the Lawyer’s independence of professional judgment or with the limited Lawyer-client relationship created between you and the independent Lawyer.
The independent Lawyer must act in your best interest and provide you skilled, experienced and knowledgeable aid and assistance. Nevertheless, the Lawyer’s representation of you is restricted and limited to this basic assessment of documents and files depicted above, and no more. The Lawyer will NOT perform any further or additional legal work or representation for you, such as filing and submitting your documents or representing you in any legal proceeding before any court or governmental agency, including but not limited to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and/or the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
You explicitly understand, acknowledge, consent and agree that:
- The independent Lawyer is relying entirely on the facts, data, information, files, and documents you provide and deliver. The Lawyer will not perform any independent probe, inquiry, or investigation of your facts or information; or the validity, authenticity, or accuracy of any supporting documents you provide. It is therefore extremely important that you are completely truthful as to any data, information, or file you provide.
- The Lawyer is not promising you a favorable result or outcome.
- The Lawyer is not required nor bound to assist you with any other part of your immigration needs or any other legal questions or problems you may have.
- The Lawyer’s representation of you ends when visaforfamily.com delivers your files, documents and revised application to you or when the Lawyer recommends against filing the immigration documents you selected or delivered to visaforfamily.com.
Client’s Acknowledgement & Consent
I have read this Limited-Scope Representation Agreement and I clearly understand it. By clicking on the “I agree” box (at the time of purchase), I indicate my acknowledgement, understanding, and consent to the terms of this agreement, that the legal services described and mentioned above are the only legal services to be provided by the independent Lawyer, and that the Lawyer is not compelled, required, nor bound in any way to assist or represent me in any further or any other legal matters. Additionally, I understand, consent, and acknowledge that the flat fee described on the visaforfamily.com website is my payment for the services of the Lawyer (“Lawyer Fee”) and that the Lawyer fee is non-refundable. I agree to pay the Lawyer Fee to the Lawyer and agree that the amount of the Lawyer Fee may be taken from the purchase price I paid for the Services provided by GovAssist. I understand, consent and agree that the Lawyer may at any point receive extra added compensation from GovAssist beyond the Lawyer Fee that I will pay or have paid, but that I am NOT responsible to pay any such added compensation.